Henneke, Fraim & Dawes, P.C. offers clients comprehensive estate planning services, including business succession planning and strategies designed to minimize estate and other taxes.
The Need for an Estate Plan
Virtually every adult needs an estate plan, the complexity of which will vary with the size of the estate, the number and identity of heirs, and various other factors. Estate planning involves more than just designating the transfer of property after death. A comprehensive plan will put in place measures to ensure a more comfortable retirement and medical care in accordance with one’s wishes and handling of one’s affairs in the event of mental or physical incapacity. Additionally, an estate plan may be structured in such a way so that a person’s affairs can be administered in an efficient and private manner without probate court involvement.
Everyone should have an estate plan, including:
- Parents of minor children, to provide for their children’s care with the guardian of their choice
- Business owners, to provide for a smooth transition with minimal disruption to business operations
- People who want to leave assets to a charity or to someone who is not related to them by blood or marriage
- Parents of special needs children of any age, to provide for their ongoing support
- Remarried adults with children from previous marriages
- People who want to avoid family arguments over the estate they leave behind
- Anyone who wants control over their medical decisions
- Anyone who wants to minimize taxes and maximize the assets received by their loved ones.
- Those who desire for their estate to be administered privately without court involvement
- Those who desire to delay distribution of a beneficiary’s inheritance until a later date
- Those who would like to have their financial matters managed for them in the event they become incapacitated.
Anyone who wants to exercise control over their future and reduce stress for their loved ones should consider an estate planning consultation.
Creating an Estate Plan for Your Needs
We recognize that each of our clients has different circumstances and a unique mix of assets. Part of the estate planning service offered by Henneke, Fraim & Dawes, P.C. is an analysis of each client’s goals, including tax objectives, and selection of the specific estate planning instruments to best achieve those goals.
Among the many tools available to customize your estate plan are:
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Advance Healthcare Directives
- Business Succession Plans
- Complex Trusts, including life insurance, special needs, charitable, and educational trusts
Our attorneys have extensive experience not only in estate planning, but in the complex tax consequences of various estate-planning devices. Contact Henneke, Fraim & Dawes, P.C. today to learn how we can help you achieve peace of mind regarding your future and that of your family and business.